Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Pretty now, yes?

So?! What do you think? (twirling, posing, batting my eyelashes) Do you like the layout?

It’s obvious I’m sure, that I have no clue what I’m doing around here. I realized that so many of the blogs out there have such wonderful and warm designs, what with the fluffy pillows and the warm crackling fireplaces and the comfy couches where I could sit and drink wine. Mine however, reminded me of the pictures of my parent’s first apartment, with the old turn table that skipped, the huge wooden cable spool used as a table and the naked walls.

Fortunately, hubby is incredibly computer savvy and has been very helpful in setting up my place. So throw the tomatoes at him if you don’t like it! I probably could have figured it out, but I grow increasingly agitated when I can’t figure things out as quickly as I’d like. If I feel it's taking too long, I just throw up my arms and walk away. It’s a very fine line with me. If it’s too elementary, I get bored and lose interest, if it’s too difficult, I get frustrated and lose interest. Hubby gets irritated with me when I get all whiney when it comes to figuring out computer stuff. He truly wants to explain things to me because he knows I’m perfectly capable of learning and understanding but then he starts talking about profiles and directories and gigabytes and RAM and my eyes start to glaze over and I start to drool all over his keyboard and he gets all irritated again, so it’s really no use. Trouble is, I work with computers all day everyday, and I’m sure it would be extremely beneficial for me to know more about them, but for now, I’m happy knowing just enough to get by. Ignorance is bliss!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's lovely!!!